Consumer Terms & Conditions
1. TERMS & CONDITIONS
1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you, whether these are goods or services.
1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these terms, please contact us to discuss.
2 INFORMATION ABOUT US AND HOW TO CONTACT US
2.1 Who we are. We are Euro Profile International Systems Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 02702351 and our registered office is at 15-17 Church Street, Stourbridge, West Midlands, DY8 1LU our registered VAT number is 245716204.
2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0330 024 5230 or by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to Customer Services, Profile Store, PO Box 7110, Kidderminster, DY11 9FE.
2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
2.4 "Writing" includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
3 OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
3.1 How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it during our normal business hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
3.2 If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be for a number of reasons such as the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
3.3 Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
3.4 We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not deliver to addresses outside the UK. Delivery to isolated or difficult to reach areas within the UK may be subject to additional delivery costs. See clause 7 below for more detail.
4 OUR PRODUCTS
4.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website will be within standard tolerances.
4.2 Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website.
4.3 Making sure your measurements are accurate. If we are making the product to measurements you have given us you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct. You can find information and tips on how to measure on our website or by contacting us.
5 Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8 - Your rights to end the contract).
6 OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
6.1 Minor changes to the products. We may change the product:
- (a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- (b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a -change in a relevant standard. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
6.2 More significant changes to the products and these terms. In addition, as we informed you in the description of the product on our website, we may make changes to these terms or the product, but if we do so we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
7 PROVIDING THE PRODUCTS
7.1 Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website. However, we reserve the right to charge an additional sum for the cost of delivery where:-
- (a) Products are being delivered to any isolated or difficult to reach areas within the UK which may include, without limitation, the Scottish Highlands, Grampians, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands etc; or
- (b) In our sole opinion, it would not be cost effective for us to deliver the Products to you without charging you an additional sum for the cost of delivery. We will notify you of any additional delivery charges prior to dispatching your order.
7.2 When we will provide the products.
- (a) If the products are goods. If the products are goods we will contact you with an estimated delivery date following your order being placed through our website.
- (b) If the products are one-off services (e.g. require a bespoke measuring service). We will begin the services on the date agreed with you during the order process. The estimated completion date for the services is as told to you during the order process.
7.3 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
7.4 If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the products cannot be left in a secure place as notified by you, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the products from a local depot which may incur an additional delivery charge.
7.5 If you do not re-arrange delivery. If after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
7.6 When you become responsible for the goods. A product which is goods will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us or you collect the products from a local depot.
7.7 When you own goods. You own a product which is goods once we have received payment in full.
7.8 What will happen if you do not give required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you, for example, any dimensions or measurements in respect of any bespoke products. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. We will contact you to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
7.9 Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
- (a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- (b) update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- (c) make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
7.10 Your rights if we suspend the supply of products. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we have to suspend the product and you have already placed an order with us for that product, we will not charge you until the suspension has been lifted. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than 7 days. Where a product is suspended that you have already paid for you may end the contract if the supply of the products remain suspended for more than 7 days and we will refund any sums you have paid to us.
8 YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
8.1 You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:
- (a) If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service re-performed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11;
- (b) If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
- (c) If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods;
- (d) In all other cases (if we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind), see clause 8.6.
8.2 Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- (a) we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6);
- (b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- (c) there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- (d) we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 7 days; or
- (e) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
8.3 Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms.
8.4 When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- (a) any bespoke products that are manufactured or fabricated by us in accordance with any measurements or specifications received from you;
- (b) any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
8.5 How long do I have to change my mind? How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered.
- (a) Have you bought services (for example, measurement services for bespoke products)? If so, you have 14 days after the day we email you to confirm we accept your order. However, once we have completed the services you cannot change your mind, even if the period is still running. If you cancel after we have started the services, you must pay us for the services provided up until the time you tell us that you have changed your mind.
- (b) Have you bought goods? If so you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods,:
8.6 Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind (see clause 8.1), you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods completed when the product is delivered and paid for. A contract for services is completed when we have finished providing the services and you have paid for them. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you have not changed your mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
9 HOW TO END THE CONTRACT WITH US (INCLUDING IF YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR MIND)
9.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing one of the following:
- (a) Phone or email. Call customer services on 0330 024 5230 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, home address, details of the order and, where available, your phone number and email address.
9.2 Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either dispatch them back to us at Customer Services, Profile Store, PO Box 7110, Kidderminster, DY11 9FE or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please call customer services on 0330 024 5230 or email us at email@example.com for a return label or to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
9.3 When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- (a) if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- (b) if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong; or In all other circumstances you must pay the costs of return.
9.4 What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. The costs of collection will be the same as our charges for standard delivery.
9.5 How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
9.6 Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- (a) We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which has damaged the goods to the extent that they cannot be resold. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- (b) The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- (c) Where the product includes a service (e.g. bespoke fabrication or manufacture of goods according to any measurements or specifications provided by you), we may deduct from any refund an amount for the supply of the service for the period for which it was supplied, ending with the time when you told us you had changed your mind. The amount will be in proportion to what has been supplied, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract.
9.7 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:
- (a) If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.8.
- (b) In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
10 OUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT
10.1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
- (a) you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 3 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
- (b) you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, product specifications or measurements in respect of bespoke products;
- (c) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you;
- (d) you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us access to your premises to supply the services; or
10.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract
10.3 We may withdraw the product. We may write to you to let you know that we are going to stop providing the product. We will let you know at least 3 days in advance of our stopping the supply of the product and will refund any sums you have paid in advance for products which will not be provided.
11 IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT
11.1 How to tell us about problems. If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can telephone our customer service team at 0330 024 5230 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Customer Services, Profile Store, PO Box 7110, Kidderminster, DY11 9FE.
11.2 Your obligation to return rejected products. If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must , post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please call customer services on 0330 024 5230 or email us at email@example.com or write to us at Customer Services, Profile Store, PO Box 7110, Kidderminster, DY11 9FE for a return label or to arrange collection.
12 PRICE AND PAYMENT
12.1 Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 12.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
12.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
12.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
12.4 When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with all major credit and debit cards.]. When you must pay depends on what product you are buying:
- (a) For goods, you must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We charge your credit or debit card at the point of sale when you place order through our website.
- (b) For services, which include our representative attending your site to obtain measurements or specifications for bespoke products that require manufacture or fabrication, you must pay for the cost of us providing these services in advance before our representative attends your site.
12.5 We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 6% a year above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount.
12 OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
13.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen. Our total liability to you in respect of forseeable losses arising under or in connection this contract shall in no circumstances exceed the value of the price of the goods ordered by you.
13.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
13.3 We are not liable for business losses. We only supply the products to you for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
14 HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
14.1 How we will use your personal information. We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- (a) to supply the products to you;
- (b) to process your payment for the products; and
- (c) if you agreed to this during the order process, to give you information about similar products that we provide, but you may stop receiving this at any time by contacting us.
14.2 We will only give your personal information to third parties where the law either requires or allows us to do so.
15 OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
14.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 7 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
15.2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. We may not agree if in our reasonable opinion our ability to adequately supply the products would be affected or we incur additional costs in supplying the products to the other party.
15.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms except where the contract is transferred or assigned in accordance with clause 15.1 and 15.2. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
15.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
15.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
15.6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by the laws of England & Wales and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English or Welsh courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.